One of the biggest topics that I’ve run across is finding ways to avoid falling hair! Having a lot of hair come out of your scalp after each shower can be scary, especially if you already have really thin hair! If you’ve been dying to find some natural ways to avoid falling hair, take a look at my tips below!
1. It sounds a little weird, right? Using ginger root as one of the ways to avoid falling hair? Well, ginger root is one of those amazing roots that will actually stimulate your hair follicles so that it’ll keep growing beautifully! There are two ways that you can use the ginger, as an oil or as ginger water.
(1) Ginger Water: To extract ginger juice, peel about 6 ounces of fresh ginger and place it in a blender with ¼ cup of water. Blend until the ginger root becomes a fine pulp. Line a small bowl with two or three layers of cheesecloth and pour the pureed mixture onto the cheesecloth. Gather the edges of the cheesecloth edges together, twist and hold them as you squeeze as much juice a possible from the cheesecloth into the bowl. Apply the juice directly to your scalp, leave it on for five to 10 minutes and shampoo as usual.
(2) Ginger Oil: For a ginger oil treatment, grate fresh ginger root and mix it with sesame oil. Massage the ginger oil into your scalp and leave it on for about 10 minutes. Rinse and shampoo your hair.
2. Did you know that protein is another way that you can boost your hair growth and that you can stop your hair from falling out? For me, I started to drink a protein shake in the morning (and upped my intake on fish!) and it absolutely helped my hair look full, look beautiful and grow really long!
3. Another great way to stop your hair falling is to up your intake of vitamin B12! Vitamin B12 is a completely water-soluble nutrient that is essential when you are trying to maintain healthy cells. This vitamin actually allows for more creation of red blood cells, which provide your body with oxygen.
4. Lavender is one of the most calming essential oils out there, but did you know if you mix it with a little bit of almond oil and massage it right into your scalp, you’ll end up with hair that is super luscious and that won’t fall out? Just about 10 drops of lavender oil, 10 drops of rosemary oil, 5 drops of basil oil and about two tablespoons of jojoba oil all mixed in about a ¼ cup of almond oil can work wonders! Leave the treatment on for about 20 minutes and massage in really well!
5. I absolutely love green tea. It has a ton of different benefits and drinking two to four cups can actually increase your body’s immune system, which in turn will clear out your body of toxins and will absolutely help stop and reverse hair loss completely! Remember, it can take a little while for this treatment to work!
6. I have a really hard time with this one! When your hair is wet, it’s more prone to breaking, so when it’s wet, use a comb, don’t brush it! Also, it’s super important not to sleep on your hair when it is wet, because it can cause your hair to break even more.
7. Another great way to stop your hair from falling out is by using aloe leaves and honey! All you do is cut open three aloe vera leaves, scrape out the gel, mix with a bit of honey and apply it to your scalp. Let it work into your scalp for about 20 minutes and then you can rinse and shampoo. It might be a little sticky, so beware!
While some hair falling out is normal, you don’t want to lose all of your hair! Try these hair growth treatments and let us know how they work! Do you have any more that work? Let us know!